12 April 2021
- The gym and swimming pool will re-open
- Members will continue to pre-book their slots
- Children’s termly swimming lessons will resume from Monday 19 April
- Indoor children’s activities and clubs can resume. Under 18s only
- Adults’ indoor racquet sports can resume. Same households only
17 May 2021
- Group exercise classes can resume indoors
- Adult indoor group sports and exercise resume
As with all government information, there is a certain level of ambiguity that needs to be clarified. All dates are also subject to change. In addition, all Sporting National Governing bodies will have their own specific phased return guidance. We will continue to revise all COVID-19 related operating procedures/risk assessments and adjust where required. We are working to returning to the same Covid secure measures and will follow closely and adhere to all guidance set by the government.
As fitness and wellbeing is an important part of people’s lives, we will continue to provide all group exercise classes online and encourage all our members to continue to remain as active as possible. Please refer to the class timetable which can be found here.
Sessions will run via Zoom or Skype and will need to be pre-booked in the usual way. Session ID details will be emailed to those who have pre-booked approximately 15-20mins prior to the start of class. Please ensure we have your correct email address by checking the ‘My Details’ section in your account. Sessions may be recorded for insurance purposes but will not be shared. Existing members wishing to book, please register your account here. Non-members can book fitness classes via our online booking system.
Keeping you safe
Key measures include:
- Limiting the number of members in certain areas of the Sports Centre
- Hand sanitiser stations will be located at entry and exit points and in key areas
- Enhanced cleaning schedules to maintain high levels of hygiene, particularly across high contact points
- Reduced class occupancy to ensure social distancing
- Gym, swim and group exercise classes need to be pre-booked online
MEMBERS & NON-MEMBERS SWIMMING
- All swimming sessions must be pre-booked online
- Swimmers must arrive and leave ‘beach-ready’ via the designated swimming entrance
- Access to the changing rooms will not be permitted at this time however toilet facilities will be available
- All non-members must be 18 years and over
swimming Crash Courses
- Swimmers wishing to take part in our crash courses must be a minimum of 1.1 metres tall and aged 4 years and over
- Lessons run for 30 minutes with a 10 minutes airgap to allow for cleaning
- Teachers must remain outside the pool therefore children must be able to stand in the shallow end
- Swimmers need to wear a swim hat
- Children attending lessons must be accompanied by one parent/guardian only and arrive no earlier than 5 minutes prior to their lesson
- Spectators will not be permitted on poolside and must return to their vehicle after drop off
- Access to poolside to be made via the designated route marked by green feet
- Swimmers are encouraged to shower at home prior to their swimming lesson
- Swimmers must arrive and leave ‘beach ready’
- Swimmers are advised to bring minimal bags and belongings – changing on poolside is not permitted
- Parents/guardians to complete our You’re welcome if declaration prior to attending a lesson
Existing members wishing to book, please register your account here. Non-members can book fitness classes or a swim session via our online booking system.
Venue Hire & Lettings
For all venue hire and lettings procedures, please contact the Facilities and Lettings Manager directly.
We all have a responsibility to reduce the risk of infection and keep our community as healthy as possible. Click here for the latest government advice.
Thank you for your understanding and we wish you all the best in these unprecedented times.