We are delighted to welcome you back to St Helen’s Sports Complex. The safety of our team and customers is our top priority and we are working hard to ensure you are able to enjoy our facilities safely.
As a Covid-Secure centre we are working well within all Government and National Body Guidelines (NGB’s). We continue to ensure all operations of the Sports Complex remain safe and secure for your use. In the context of the rule on gatherings in England, the Government has clarified that people can continue to:
- Use leisure facilities, including gyms and pool
- Take part in organised indoor and outdoor sports, physical activity and exercises classes
- Take part in organised outdoor sport and physical activity events
- Take part in organised sport and activities that have been through return to play protocols
- Sport and physical activity education course and training can also continue.
Keeping you safe
Key measures include:
- Limiting the number of members in certain areas of the Sports Centre
- Hand sanitiser stations will be located at entry and exit points and in key areas
- Enhanced cleaning schedules to maintain high levels of hygiene, particularly across high contact points
- Reduced class occupancy to ensure social distancing
- Gym, swim and group exercise classes need to be pre-booked online
MEMBERS & NON-MEMBERS SWIMMING
- All swimming sessions must be pre-booked online
- Swimmers must arrive and leave ‘beach-ready’ via the designated swimming entrance
- Access to the changing rooms will not be permitted at this time however toilet facilities will be available
- All non-members must be 18 years and over
swimming Crash Courses
- Swimmers wishing to take part in our crash courses must be a minimum of 1.1 metres tall and aged 4 years and over
- Lessons run for 30 minutes with a 10 minutes airgap to allow for cleaning
- Teachers must remain outside the pool therefore children must be able to stand in the shallow end
- Swimmers need to wear a swim hat
- Children attending lessons must be accompanied by one parent/guardian only and arrive no earlier than 5 minutes prior to their lesson
- Spectators will not be permitted on poolside and must return to their vehicle after drop off
- Access to poolside to be made via the designated route marked by green feet
- Swimmers are encouraged to shower at home prior to their swimming lesson
- Swimmers must arrive and leave ‘beach ready’
- Swimmers are advised to bring minimal bags and belongings – changing on poolside is not permitted
- Parents/guardians to complete our You’re welcome if declaration prior to attending a lesson
Existing members wishing to book, please register your account here. Non-members can book fitness classes or a swim session via our online booking system.
Venue Hire & Lettings
For all venue hire and lettings procedures, please contact the Facilities and Lettings Manager directly.
We all have a responsibility to reduce the risk of infection and keep our community as healthy as possible. Click here for the latest government advice.
Thank you for your understanding and we wish you all the best in these unprecedented times.